Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Show and tell...

As an extra Christmas gift, I made this little bag to hold my friend's jewelry when she travels. Had been saving a wonderful piece fabric printed with birds and butterflies.... it was the perfect choice to use for the lining since the bag was for my coop butterfly|moth quilt friend. Paper pieced the outside with scraps from the quilt store's scrap bin. Am beginning to fall in love with black, red and cream printed fabric combinations... made a second bag with the same scraps to keep.
Was LUCKY enough to win one of Kate Spain's generous stocking stuffers. Thank you again, Kate Spain!!
Don't you just love her fabric lines? I used scans of her "12 Days of Christmas" line in creating my blog advent calendar. Check out her new "Central Park" line: http://katespaindesigns.blogspot.com/.  Also included in the gift was a charm pack of this new collection.

Hope all had a wonderful Christmas ..... and will have a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anja said...

And a happy new year to you! Love the butterfly inside, it's a really sweet idea :-)

l.wilks11 said...

Love the bag and all its glory! I can remember making a felt bag years ago using a simular pattern.I used it for my cottons. Its not so elegant as yours, but it has inspired me to look for it
and see how i can adapt it.
Happy New Year and thank you for your comments they mean a lot. Happy Blogging for next year.