I thought I would finish some sewing projects the other day that I started last summer... among the projects are three pairs of cotton "knock about" shorts for the Hubby. From the photo below, you can see I was having trouble deciding just where to attach the pockets. Trying to sew them together, I had one leg going side ways and the other straight down, had to chuckle when I realized what I had done..... one of the pockets was stitched to the bottom of one of the legs.
If you are like me, I hate to rip out and redo..... but did and here are the finished shorts. Only two more pair to go.
The past few months, we have been insulating and putting up siding in the garage to make it warmer in the winter for the Hubby to work out there. We are almost finished and have one last section to insulate and side ... pulling down the drywall on this area over the weekend, we discovered some termite damage. Notice where the weight of the wall mashed down the 2x4 from damage. Our soil here in this area of Oklahoma is red and you can see the red dirt on the walls where the termites were tunneling. Luckily, the damage wasn't bad and the house and garage have been treated, so hopefully these destructive buggers won't be munching at our home again. The worst of the damage was concentrated here at the bottom and on a couple of studs in the wall ... now we have new treated lumber replacing the termite buffet.
On a happier note..... our dogwoods are blooming. Am thrilled since we didn't really get much in the way of blooms last year.
Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by.