Friday, November 5, 2010

Metamorphosis of my wall hanging...

All 12 of my moth and butterfly blocks are finally pieced together with sashing and border fabric. Next is to decide on a bit of quilting and where. Any suggestions? It's going to be tricky with all those beads and baubles attached to each block – should be fun, however. Also think the piece needs a few embroidered caterpillars somewhere.
Thanks for taking the time to look at our coop project. I plan to show you Vicki's wall hanging as soon as I get photos. Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Suztats said...

It's gorgeous! I love moths and butterflies! Gee, I wonder how it would look having some caterpillars meandering along the sash?
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

lisa Geiger said...

what an inspired quilt! gorgeous designs and colors. i'm sure you will coop again, this is just so beautiful! thank you for stopping by my blog the other day.

Karen L R said...

fabulous!

Nifty Quilts said...

This is some amazing quilt! Everything about it is gorgeous! Hand quilting, at least around the butterflies, could help protect the beading. Thanks for stopping by my blog also.

bonne said...

i love those fabric!
its so nice of you to leave me such a encourage words, thankyou!

Linda Vincent said...

Oh my goodness - this is stunning! You must be very proud.
I'm sure this will be treasured for many generations to come.....

KMY said...

I love, love, love this piece. It is beautiful and very inspiring. If you add caterpillers/larvae I agree that it would look good meandering around the border. Can't wait to see it totally finished!

Eva said...

Oh WOW, that looks amazing! I've just started experimenting with my sewing machine and this is truly inspiring work. Love the colours and the appliques. So elegant shapes! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog! It's a lot of fun reading your blog and seeing similarities to my own... We both enjoy a wide variety of crafts, although you focus more on fabrics than paper, while I do the opposite. ;) Your sewing projects are an inspiration.