Sunday, November 28, 2010

A few weekend projects...

Framed a new home for my earrings. Saw something similar to this on-line or was it in a magazine a while back, anyhow, decided I needed to make one. Didn't want the frame to hang on the wall as the inspiration earring holder did, so I used an antique frame with a base (this frame once swiveled on the side posts) I could sit on the dresser. Drilled small holes on the sides and strung wire after painting the frame. It's so fun getting organized!

Did a little baking too:
Found this recipe several years ago and never got around to trying it (am I the only one who clips recipes to use weeks if not years later). Anyhow, can't remember where I found this... but the recipe is easy and delicious.... the cayenne pepper gives them a bit of a kick and you want just one more...


Back in September, I started to recover this foot stool... well, I finally finished it today.

The inspiration for the embroidered bird came from Little Birds: 26 Handmade Projects to Sew, Stitch, Quilt & Love, from C&T Publishing, http://www.ctpub.com/productdetails.cfm?PC=1518.

Better go see what other projects are waiting... thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

Anja said...

What a cute bird! And no, you're not the only one who saves untried recipes for years! :-)