Monday, November 1, 2010

Blessed with treasures and a new project

In addition to all the wonderful fabric I came home with recently, I am the lucky recipient of the following treasures from my friend June. Here are 2 wall hangings pieced from beautiful old fabric. The top one is already quilted and the bottom one I have tacked and am in the process of sewing a binding around it. These will make lovely table toppers ... they are so Fallish!
This is a stunning top that June never completed. Her choice of colors are exquisite and I count myself fortunate to have it. Each block is an intricately pieced star that is different from the next. This photo shows 9 of the 12 blocks.
Here are the remaining 3 blocks and the zig zag border. I will probably take the border off since I don't have the fabric to complete it. The thought of wasting such beautiful work seems almost sacrilegious, but my butterfly and moth friend, Vicki suggested using it on the back. Why didn't I think of that?
Close ups of some of the star blocks:

As if I needed another new project, I have signed up for a block of the month quilt at a local quilt store. The Queen and Her Court by Wing and a Prayer: http://wingandaprayerdesign.com/BOM.htm
The fabric is Moda's Park Avenue collection and the fabrics we are using are from the right side of this palette:
This has to be the most ambitious top I have ever tried to piece. Finding I need to check off on the pattern what I have done and number the stacks of parts and pieces. What have I gotten myself into?
My progress today:


1 comment:

Tiziana said...

These are simply gorgeous! I love hexies! And the unfinished top from your friend is a beauty, too.
The BOM is also great, I love those soft Moda colours... keep on piecing!