Sunday, August 19, 2012

New banner...

Have been cleaning, re-organizing and playing around with my fabric stash and decided to change the banner at the top of my blog page....not sure how that is related, if at all....just seemed like a thing to do. Actually I have wanted to re-design my banner for a while, let me what you think?

While rearranging, I came across these wonderful old photos from my great-aunt Marian's high school home economics class in Kingfisher, Oklahoma (circa 1940s). Can't think of any reason for the photos other than maybe document various class projects. Anyhow, I love these photos from back when the world was black and white....the hair dos, the clothes, the furnishings. I feel like an invisible voyager when I stumble across vintage photos like this....I wonder about the people, what they were like, are they still alive and just what were they thinking at the time the shutter was snapped...

"Commander, set a new course. There's coffee in that nebula."

No comments: