Sunday, September 19, 2010

A happy quilt – my first machine-quilted quilt:

Was thrilled at how my first machine-quilted top turned out recently. Had several of these 9 patch blocks for a number of years before getting around to making enough for a queen size quilt. The fabrics in this quit (the 9 patches and blue sashing) are all 30s and 40s fabrics, including the blocks I pieced together. Also yellow in the blocks and in the squares between blocks is old fabric (36" wide). Some of the yellows are darker in value – but that adds to the charm, don't you think.

 

Kinda got carried away with piecing the backing for this quilt. 



Have been admiring quilts that have a little "extra" added to the back and maybe I went over board with this one. Wanted to use up as many of the 2.5" squares that were left over from the piecing of the blocks on the front. And, I pretty much did that. What few squares I had left were incorporated into the patchwork coasters I posted earlier.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Love the quilt - also those gorgeous butterfly blocks!
Thanks for visiting me - I'm not sure I want to get to 175 though. LOL
I'm funny and eccentric enough now, goodness knows how I'll be in another 100 years!!! Connie.

Judy Hartman said...

So glad you stopped by my blog so that I could discover yours!! I'm so impressed by this quilt as I have never made a big quilt - love the colors! I went back and read your previous posts and i like your butterfly blocks and embroidered pillow! You have a very nice blog!